Adipex is a popular medical product to inhibit appetite which contains Phentermine hydrochloride. This medicine is used during severe forms of obesity when a common diet and physical activities do not help to get rid of the excessive weight.
Adipex is a strong psychostimulant which provides a direct action to the receptors of the brain. As to the method of the pharmacological action, this medicine is similar to amphetamines but it does not cause euphoria, satisfaction and a medical addiction. The mechanism of the action of Adipex-P consists in the inhibition of receptors which are responsible for hunger.
Taking the pills, a human can control the volume of the consumed food and does not experience a psychological discomfort and stomachache during the low-calorie diet. After the use of a great amount of meals, a satiety comes quickly and lasts for several hours. This way, reducing the volume of the consumed meals, it is possible to achieve the results and lower the weight within a short time.
According to the medical data, the use of Adipex-P lowers the excessive weight by 5-10% depending on the original body weight of a patient and relevant factors.
Adipex-P does not provide a direct action to the fatty tissue, and therefore the use of the medicine is pointless without low-calorie diet and a physical activity. Due to the pills, it is possible to gain comfortable conditions to maintain a negative calorie value, and the speed of the fat burning will depend on the physical activity of a human.
How to take Adipex?
- A pill of Adipex-P contains 37,5 mg of the active ingredient Phentermine hydrochloride
- Adipex is a prolonged form of Phentermine which acts within 24 hours, and therefore the medicine should be used once per day
- Adipex 37,5 mg should be used in the morning before or during breakfast, with a full glass of water
- Even during severe forms of the obesity, the dose of Adipex-P should not be increased
- Using 2 or more pills per day within a long time can cause the overdose symptoms
- Adipex-P 37,5 mg is prescribed during severe forms of the obesity and patients with the body mass index more than 35
- The pills are used for a short time, within 2-3 months, because the longer use of the medicine can cause severe side effects
Probable side effects
As a result of using Adipex-P, some side effects can happen: headache, pain in back, tachycardia, nausea, dizziness, feeling of weakness, nervousness, anxiety, rhinitis, sinusitis, dry mouth, and anorexia.
It does not mean that you will have the side effects during the use of the medicine. The frequency of the side effects depends on the individual peculiarities of the body, and most patients do not have discomfort while taking Adipex-P.
If you have side effects, it is necessary to follow their intensity, and if they bring severe discomfort, a daily dose may be lowered.
Who is contraindicated to take Adipex-P?
- Patients younger than 18 years
- Elderly patients over 65 years
- Patients with epilepsy
- People with severe mental disorders
- Patients with anorexia/bulimia
- People with severe diseases of the cardiovascular system (heart failure, tachycardia, arrhythmia, stroke, angina pectoris, hypertension, cerebrovascular disturbance).
- People with hyperthyroidism
During the use of Adipex, it is necessary to avoid alcohol consumption, the use of antidepressants and other medical products which give an inhibiting action to the functions of the central nervous system.