Buspar provides a selective antianxiety effect but it differs a lot from benzodiazepine and barbiturates. It has an active ingredient Buspirone which has been approved by FDA for the treatment of the anxious and panic disorders.
Buspar (Buspirone) removes the panic attacks well, and it has less side effects than benzodiazepines. This medicine does not bind to the benzodiazepine receptors.
The mechanism of the action of Buspar consists in the stimulation of the dopamine neurons of mesencephalon and a selective stimulation of the serotonin receptors. According to the mechanism of the pharmacological action, Buspirone is similar to the antidepressants, but not to the classical ataractics. It quickly arrests the symptoms of the anxiety, and most patients do not have any side effects. That is why, if you have an attack of the anxiety or panic, you can buy Buspar. It will be effective and safer than the medicines prescribed by your doctor.
Indications for the use
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- alcohol withdrawal syndrome
- Easy/moderate depression (in combination with antidepressants)
Contraindications for the use
Despite a high pharmacological safety, Buspirone has contraindications for the use:
- severe renal and liver dysfunctions,
- angle-closure glaucoma
- intolerance of Buspirone
- Age under 18 years
If you have any chronic diseases of the central nervous system or other organs, have a medical examination and consult a doctor or pharmacist before buying Buspar.
Uses and doses
- If you taBuspirone e Buspar for the first time, it is necessary to begin the treatment from the minimal daily dose 15 mg
- The pills of Buspar 5 mg are used 3 times per day, every 8 hours
- If a patient does not have any side effects within 5-7 days, the dose can be gradually (every 3-5 days) increased by 5 mg per day
- The standard therapeutic dose of Buspar for adults is 10 mg 3 times per day
Buspar is not prescribed for the prolonged use. The pills are used within 12 weeks, and then a break should be made. If the symptoms of the anxiety/panic appear again, the treatment is restored in the previous dosage.
Buspar can be bought without prescription, but in this case, it is necessary to follow all recommendations indicated in the instructions.
- A sudden cessation of Buspar can lead to the acute condition of the anxiety symptoms. The treatment is finished gradually by lowering the daily dose by 5 mg every 3-4 days
- Buspar should not be used with MAO inhibitors, neuroleptics, benzodiazepine, strong psychostimulants. The interaction of these medical products can affect CNS
- Avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment
Buspar is well tolerated and does not cause a medical addiction unlike some benzodiazepines. But using the medicine can cause the following side effects: dizziness, fatigue, nausea, headache, tachycardia, dry mouth, irritability, drowsiness, muscle cramps.
The side effects can be controlled by means of the daily dose adjustment. If you feel the side effects, the daily dose can be temporarily lowered. After the disappearance of the side effects, the dosage regimen will be previous.