Basic Questions to Answer about Dapoxetine
Dapoxetine is a well-known medication that belongs to SSRIs, and it’s used by many men to treat premature ejaculation. In general, there are certain questions that should be answered about this pharmaceutical product if you’re planning to take it.
What Is Dapoxetine Used for?
This medicine is taken to treat premature ejaculation in men of different ages, from 18 to 64 years old. Visit your doctor to be carefully examined to ensure that this treatment is suitable for your health needs.
How Does Dapoxetine Work?
This medication belongs to a group of meds called SSRIs, and it works by increasing the serotonin activity in the central nervous system. Basically, serotonin is an important neurotransmitter involved in passing different messages among nerve cells. It plays a range of functions in the human body, and it’s involved in sending the nerve impulses that lead to men’s ejaculation, too. So, increasing its impact in the central nervous system helps users increase the time it usually takes to ejaculate, thus, improving control over this sexual process. It’s necessary to take Dapoxetine a few hours before your intended sex to last longer before climax.
How Should You Take It?
There are certain guidelines that should be followed when starting this treatment, and the most important ones are mentioned below:
- Take one tablet about 30-60 minutes before your intended sexual activity;
- It’s necessary to take Dapoxetine with and without food, but it must be swallowed as a whole and with a glass of water;
- It’s not allowed to take more than once pill per day, and this medication is not created as a regular treatment;
- The most common dosage of Dapoxetine is 30 mg, and it can be increased up to 60 mg according to your personal response, but make sure that this step won’t lead to increased side effects.
What Are Important Warnings?
This medication can make men feel dizzy and sleepy, or their ability to drive and do other similar things is reduced considerably. That’s why users should avoid performing any activities that require their full alertness. They also need to avoid drinking a lot of alcohol when using Dapoxetine because it increases the risk of developing unwanted side effects. In rare cases, this medication may result in dropping your blood pressure. If you notice such warning symptoms as fainting, feeling sick, sweaty, dizzy and others, you should lie or sit down until they pass.
It’s not advisable to combine Dapoxetine with specific medications, including narcotic pain killers, recreational drugs or poppers, nitrates and others because they lead to serious drug interactions and health problems. If you end up with seizures when taking this medication, you should stop this treatment and consult your physician at once. Although Dapoxetine is not designed to treat depression, but it’s still associated with side effects related to SSRIs. That’s why you need to inform your doctor about any mood and mental changes, including agitation, distress, etc.
Who Should Avoid Using Dapoxetine?
Some men shouldn’t take this medication to avoid possible health complications. This treatment is not good for you if you:
- Are under 18 years old;
- Have serious heart conditions, including heart failure, stroke, angina and others;
- Have a history of fainting, depression, mania, bipolar disorder and other psychiatric ailments;
- Have uncontrolled epilepsy;
- Have reduced liver and kidney functions;
- Take antifungal meds, pills for HIV, specific antibiotics, MAO inhibitors and other SSRIs.