Keflex is an antimicrobial medicine which includes the active ingredient Cephalexin. This antibiotic perfectly works for adults and children, and that is why it is widely used in the medical practice.
Keflex (Cephalexin) is a cephalosporin antibiotic of the 1st generation. It provides a bactericidal action which is related to the destruction of the cellular wall of bacteria.
Due to the high efficiency and low toxicity, cephalosporin drugs take one of the first places according to the frequency of the use, and therefore Keflex can become a basic antibiotic for the treatment of many infectious processes domiciliary. This is a beta-lactam antibiotic which is not damaged under the action of beta-lactamase. It differs from penicillin, and if we consider penicillin and cephalosporin, it is better to buy Keflex.
According to the results of the medical studies, the intense therapeutic effect occurs on the 3d day of the use. The therapeutic concentration of Cephalexin in the blood is observed within 6 hours in patients with a regular kidney functions. Therefore, the medicine is used 4 times per day in order to maintain a high antimicrobial activity.
Indications for the use
- Infections of the mouth, nose, throat and respiratory tract,
- Inflammatory infections of bones and joints
- purulent skin infections
- Inflammatory infections of the genitourinary system
Contraindications for the use
If you decided to buy Keflex, you should know about contraindications:
- Hypersensitivity to the active ingredients of Keflex or beta-lactam antibiotics
- Acute renal failure
- Age under 1 year
If you have one or several above-mentioned contraindications, consult a medical specialist. Maybe, you will be recommended an alternative.
Uses and dosage
Keflex without prescription can be bought in the online pharmacy. Please, read the instructions for the use and dosage regimen.
- The standard dose of Keflex for adult patients is 250-500 mg 4 times per day (every 6 hours)
- The maximal daily dose of Keflex for adults is 6 g per day (1,5 g of Keflex every 6 hours)
- Children under 12 years with the body weight less than 40 kg are recommended 25-50 mg of Keflex per 1 kg of the body weight per day. The daily dose is divided into 4 equal parts
The tablets of Keflex should be used one hour before meals, with a full glass of water. The minimal length of the treatment is 7 days, the maximal – 14 days. In some cases, the length of the treatment can be increased but only under the doctor’s supervision.
- An alcohol consumption or products with high content of ethanol are strictly contraindicated during the treatment
- To prevent candidiasis during the use of Keflex, it is recommended to take one pills of the antifungal product Fluconazole every 3-4 days
- Patients with the dysfunctions of kidneys may have a poor metabolism of Cephalexin, and that is why the dose should be lowered.
Keflex (Cephalexin) is well tolerated due to the low toxicity and a fast excretion from the body. Using this medicine, the side effects are hardly probable but they still can occur during the increased sensitivity to this antibiotic. The possible side effects of Keflex are as follows: weakness, dizziness, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, itching of the genitals and the anus, candidiasis.
In case of the intense side effect of Keflex, it is needed to lower the daily dose and consult a doctor. If the side effects are weak and are not felt, the dosage regimens is not changed.