Information to Know before Buying Motilium
These days, Motilium is quite a popular medication taken by many patients, but before starting this treatment there are certain things that should be considered.
What It Is Used For
When consumers decide to buy Motilium, they should understand that this medicine is taken to treat such conditions as:
- Vomiting and nausea;
- Gastroparesis or discomfort resulted by a slow moving stomach characterized by such symptoms as the inability to finish meals, feeling bloated and sick, losing appetite, etc.
Basically, Motilium is a prokinetic and antiemetic medication that acts by blocking the functions of chemical messengers in the brain that result in vomiting and nausea, thus allowing food to keep moving easily through the stomach.
When Patients Can’t Take Motilium
There are certain cases when people can’t undergo this treatment, and they include:
- Allergic reactions to its components;
- Liver diseases;
- Increases in bowel and stomach contractions;
- Problems with the heart, such as irregular heartbeats;
- Drug interactions with other medications that contain such active ingredients as ketoconazole, ritonavir and a few others;
What to Do before Starting This Treatment
Before patients go and buy Motilium, they need to inform their doctors about such circumstances as the following:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- Pre-existing heart conditions;
- Breast cancer;
- Kidney problems;
- Inability to digest lactose.
Possible Drug Interactions
All patients are required to tell their physicians about other meds that they are taking, including nutritional and other supplements, to avoid dangerous drug interactions. This step is even more important when it comes to:
- Pills to treat fungal infections, including fluconazole and voriconazole;
- Dopaminergic agonists;
- Certain antibiotics, like erythromycin;
- Meds that treat HIV;
- Amiodarone and Aprepitant;
- Some antidepressants;
- Medications that treat chest pain and hypertension;
The above-mentioned drug combinations are not allowed because they may affect the effectiveness of Motilium and result in unwanted side effects.
Tips on Taking It Properly
First, it’s necessary to determine the right dosage, and it depends on such basic factors as individual tolerance and certain health conditions that must be treated. For adult patients a standard dose is 1 pill taken 3 times a day. When treating vomiting and nausea, it’s not recommended to use this medicine for longer than one week, but other conditions can be treated by Motilium for up to one month. People should take their dose 15-30 minutes before meals and make sure they avoid overdosing, which is characterized by such symptoms as seizures, confusion, agitation, drowsiness and uncontrolled movements.
What to Do While Using Motilium
There are certain things that should be done and avoided while undergoing this treatment. Patients need to follow the instructions given by their doctors carefully. They shouldn’t drive or do other things that require their full alertness, use Motilium to treat other health conditions and give it to other people.
Possible Side Effects
The intake of this medication is associated with certain adverse effects, including:
- Drowsiness and dizziness;
- Irritability and tiredness;
- Headaches and nervousness;
- Depression and difficulty sleeping;
- Seizures and constipation;
- Agitation and changes in appetite;
- Feeling thirsty and dry mouth.